HOUSTON MARITIME ATTORNEY
HOUSTON MARITIME ATTORNEY, A Houston maritime lawyer is well versed in maritime law and has represented injured offshore workers in Texas, Louisiana, and throughout the Gulf Coast. We have seen clients faced with lifelong disabilities and the loss of their high wage-earning jobs.
Several federal laws can cover offshore injuries, including:
- Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation Act
- Jones Act
- Death on the High Seas Act
- Military Sealift Command
- Public Vessels Act
- Admiralty Extension Act
- Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act.
- Limitation of Liability Act
- Third Party Longshore Claims
What Can Cause an Offshore Accident?
Offshore workers battle tough weather conditions and utilize dangerous heavy equipment. There are a variety of reasons for offshore accidents, including:
- Vessel transfer accidents
- Bad weather
- Diving accidents
- On-board leaks and slippery deck conditions
- Fires and explosions
- Crane failures
- Boat collisions
- Outdated vessel technology
- Human error
- Helicopter crashes
- Distracted crews
- Unmet safety regulations
Getting Help After A Maritime Injury
Do you need a maritime attorney after an offshore injury? The answer is almost always yes. If you have been injured while working in a maritime occupation, our Houston maritime attorneys will do three things for your:
- Keep your employer from taking advantage of you
- Level the playing field in tough cases
- Answer your questions throughout the process
Our offshore injury attorneys are knowledgeable about all facets of maritime law. Maritime law is fairly complex, and we have the answers to your questions. Pursuing compensation for an offshore injury can be full of roadblocks and delays, but a Houston maritime lawyer can help you receive a just and timely resolution in your case.
Contact A Houston Maritime Lawyer
At Richard J. Plezia & Associates, we have won verdicts and achieved confidential settlements for injured maritime workers all over the country, including the Gulf of Mexico and its coastline.
Our offshore injury lawyers have years of experience dealing with large corporate defendants and their insurance providers. If you or a member of your family has been seriously injured or killed as a result of an offshore accident, you should contact us for a free case evaluation. Without the advice of an experienced maritime lawyer, you may face lifelong injury complications and financial ruin.
OFFSHORE WORKPLACE ACCIDENT LAWYERS FIGHTING TO GET YOU THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE.
HOUSTON, GALVESTON AND GULF COAST
ADMIRALTY & MARITIME LAW ATTORNEYS
At the law firm of Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, our location in Houston, Texas, allows us to provide convenient representation to great numbers of people who are injured or killed in and around the Gulf of Mexico. From merchant seamen to oil workers injured while working on a rig at sea or on land, we provide effective representation to make sure that injured people or the loved ones of workers who suffer wrongful death are protected. Contact us today to discuss your injuries and your legal remedies. Call (713) 609-1382 (toll free 713-609-1382) for a free consultation.
WHEN DEALING WITH OFFSHORE WORKPLACE INJURIES, EXPERIENCE MATTERS
If you are injured while offshore, the laws can get complicated very quickly. The laws governing your injuries and potential remedies depend upon who you are, where you were and what you were doing at the time of the accident. Because of this complexity, it is important that you seek the advice of an attorney with experience handling legal claims related to offshore injuries around the Gulf Coast.
- Offshore oil rig injury: We frequently represent oil and gas industry workers who have been injured or killed working on drilling rigs (semisubmersible rigs and jackup rigs), lay barges, drilling ships, supply boats and crew boats that service drilling rigs. We also handle nonvessel injuries, including those that occur on fixed platforms.
- Seamen injuries: We protect the interests of seamen who are injured while employed on a cargo ship, boat, barge or other vessel. We also represent families of seamen who have lost their lives in wrongful death lawsuits, based upon general maritime law, the Jones Act, the Death on the High Seas Act and the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Pleasure boat accidents: The U.S. Coast Guard and Texas state agencies establish rules for safe boating. However, many recreational boat and personal watercraft operators don’t know that they are subject to the same laws and rules as ocean-going vessels and other commercial operators. Filing a boating collision injury claim against a negligent boat or watercraft operator is typically complicated and may involve the highly specialized application of admiralty laws.
CONTACT EXPERIENCED ADMIRALTY AND MARITIME WORKPLACE INJURY LAWYERS
For all of these types of injuries and deaths, Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner has the experience and resources necessary to effectively represent you. We often work with highly qualified marine safety investigators, marine experts, naval experts, injury experts, doctors, physical capacities experts, rehabilitation experts and economists to ensure maximum recovery for our injured clients. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you. Call (713) 609-1382 (toll free 713-609-1382) for a free consultation.